Tuesday 28 February 2017

Saving Sophie:a quintessential thriller

Saving Sophie: a quintessential thriller

 

Book Review of Thriller Saving Sophie by Sam Carrington

Last January I got a thriller novel Saving Sophie in my January book shook book subscription box and that too with signed plate:) , I got this box late in the end of January so I started this novel in the month of February as I am slow reader so just finished it today. Initially I wasn't happy to receive this novel as this genre is not much of my interest, I am more of Romance lover so I thought this read won't be pleasurable for me but this novel proved this wrong. I really enjoyed and got thrilled in real sense from beginning till end.!

The psychological thriller novel Saving Sophie is Sam Carrington's debut novel and as a debut novel it is quite outstanding! with amazingly strong and  absolutely thrilling which never let me lose my interest even for a single time. The characters of Karen and Sophie are well crafted and they seem believable. Usually what I have experienced for thriller or mystery novels is that they sometimes won't appear believable it seems like made up stories and even characters appears something like aliens well this is not the case with Saving Sophie here the whole story all the character seems believable even the murderer and the minor characters like Dan.

The setting was too one fascinating thing about this novel  Moors <3 and this seems autobiographical as the writer herself lives in Devon. So setting besides characters and plot is what I liked about this novel. The other thing is the style the diction, being a modern thriller novel about teenagers I don't get to witness excessive use of abusive words or slang's as many novelists do in Young adult literature which is a big turn off for me and I really appreciate Sam has used neat language in the novel :)  which is quite rare trait in contemporary novelists.

While reading this novel I get to keep in touch with the writer through twitter and she is such a humble soul she replies to all my tweets. Apart from being a thriller novel, Saving Sophie touched many touching issues particularly of marriage maintenance and the vanity that overcomes when the gap between husband and wife increase and how Karen escapes herself in an online relationship, all was beautifully portrayed. Its a MUST READ novel and a treat for thriller novels lovers and even for those who don't like this genre will find this novel interesting. I bet you! Wishing all the best to Sam Carrington for her upcoming ventures. More Power to You! Love you. 
   
                                                                                                                Rameeza Nasim


2 comments:

  1. A huge thank you for reviewing Saving Sophie! I'm thrilled you took a chance on it and enjoyed it! :) Sam x

    ReplyDelete